Open Enrollment Changes to Permit Policy – At the Board Meeting on October 21, 2019, the Board of Education revised our permit policy. Most notable changes are the following:
- In order to transfer to a different school within the District (intra-district) or out of the District (inter-district), families must complete and submit an application within the time frame indicated (December 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020)
- Families will be notified of the status of their application by February 28th
- Permit approvals will be based on enrollment projections and site availability
- The only opportunity for students to transfer will be during the Open Enrollment period.
- The intradistrict permit process has been eliminated and replaced by Open Enrollment
- The Open Enrollment application and the inter-district permits will be available online or at the Student and Family Services Office.
CLICK HERE for more detailed information on the changes and to access applications.
Should there be any questions regarding the newly modified policy, please call Student and Family Services at (562) 868-0431 Ext. 2105.