Welcome to Hutchinson Middle School! The focus at Hutchinson and in Room 31 is perseverance, diligence, and student achievement.Mrs. Lacy Knight Location: Room 31Subjects Taught: Math 7 Accelerated, Math 6, AVID 6Grade Level: 6th, 7th Grade Conference/Prep Period: Period 1 (Monday and Thursday)Contact info: Email me at [email protected] (make sure to include your child’s name/period in the subject line) or call (562) 944-3268, you can also use this phone number to report your child's absence(s)
Homework Policy: Homework is assigned at the beginning of the week and is due at the end of the week. Homework assignments are designed to reinforce the basic skills needed for the current grade level. Homework is acceptable when all problems have been attempted and all work is shown. Students will write the entire week's worth of homework in their agenda each Monday in class (when we return in person). If absent, students can access the homework from the beginning of the weeks' folder for the homework file. I check homework at the end of the week and will enter it into Schoology as soon as possible.
General Math Procedures:
- Work must be completed in pencil (or through Notability).
- Students are to show ALL work to receive credit.
- Late work will be not be accepted (contact me for special circumstances).
- Bring math workbook, composition/spiral notebook, pencil, colored pen, charged iPad, and calendar planner to class each day.
- Extra help is provided before and after school at Homework Club or Math Tutoring. Check school website for days and times. (When we return to school)
All students have the opportunity to make up a quiz or test with a chance to improve their grade. Students must attend two tutoring sessions and complete an error analysis of their assessment before they can retake a quiz or test. A retake request form must be filled out with teacher's initials to prove that tutoring sessions have been attended. Virtual learning procedure: students will need to attend virtual tutoring to complete error analysis.
Classroom Donations: Gold Cards are given for donations
Large Tissue Box